As you probably already know, all devices have places where they temporarily store data. The goal of this area is to manage speed and operate programs efficiently and without any lag.
Sometimes when the cache on your device gets too full, it can slow down your device and cause the battery area of some phones to become warm.
We need to find a solution and make sure this doesn’t happen. To stop this problem, we can delete the temporary data stored by Instagram.
If you are having difficulty using Instagram, it could be due to the storage on your device.
Most visual and photo apps have a cache that helps save and upload pictures more quickly. This means you don’t have to wait too long to see the same image again.
Nobody wants bugs and flaws while using this attractive application now; let’s see how to solve this slight issue and increase our device’s speed.
How to clear the Instagram cache on Android device?
It is so simple. First, let’s begin with Android users.
I think it is much easier than iPhone users, so let’s dive in:
- Open the setting in your phone (not on Instagram), and choose storage
- Find “other apps” and search to find Instagram
- Tap on the clear cache to clean all the temporary data.
Note: some other android devices should follow this instruction:
- Go to Setting.
- Find the Apps section.
- You can search Instagram in the search part.
- Tap on Instagram.
- Choose storage and then choose the “clear cache” in the right lower corner.
Now you have a clean cache, and you won’t face any bugs or slowness.
How to clear the Instagram cache on iPhone device?
It is time for iPhone users, be steady!
Unfortunately, there is just one way to clear Instagram’s cache through your phone:
Uninstalling and then reinstalling. Let us find out how this works:
- Find the app on your phone’s Home page or in the “App Library” section.
- Hold on to the Instagram application until a menu appears for you.
- Choose “Remove App” or the negative sign in the top-left corner.
- Confirm the “delete the app” request.
And then, you can reinstall Instagram from the App Store and login into your account again. No worries!
Both android and iPhone users can clear cache by using the app itself, which would be easy for them. Instagram has the ability to clear some data in its application.
It is not all of its caches, but you can remove the search history. So let’s see how we can do that?
Clearing search history thorough Instagram app itself:
- First you have to choose “Settings” on your profile
- Find “Security”
- Choose Clear Search History if you are an iPhone user
- And Search History if you are an Android user
- Tap “Clear All”
So easy! Now, here we bring a tip for computer users of Instagram.
If you want to clear the search history on your desktop, just follow these steps:
- Enter instagram.com on your browser.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Then tap on View Account Data.
- “View all” under Search History will appear for you.
- Then you can click on Clear Search History and then ‘Yes, I’m sure.’
You are done with your searching histories, and they are gone now!
Just keep in mind that when you clear the cache, the app might run a bit slower on your phone at first. But once you download the important information again, it will be okay. So don’t worry if that happens to you, and just be patient.
We all use Instagram and other social media every single day. It collects a lot of information and saves lots of pictures and other things on our phones or computers and in a special storage area.
We need to learn how to remove extra and, sometimes unnecessary, information. It is now important for us to keep our devices and storage space organized.
Don’t worry about running out of storage space, you can use this app without any concerns.
We suggest that you learn how to delete the cache or search histories of all the apps you use, just in case you need to do it at some point.
If you have any ideas or questions about deleting the Instagram cache, please let us know in the comment section.